Our Family Law Department is headed by John S. Karas, and working alongside is his Associate, Kallia K. Butterworth. We are committed to meeting the needs of our clients in a thorough, professional and timely manner. Our practice includes:
- Separation and Divorce including:
- Negotiating and Drafting of Separation Agreements
- Custody Disputes
- Child Support
- Division of Property
- Spousal Support – Alimony
- If necessary, litigation in all of these areas
- Providing advice and counseling to clients involved in mediation
- Change of Name
- Child in Need of Assistance (CINA) Proceedings
- Representation of clients in appeal of the Department of Social Services findings
- Our experienced attorneys are committed to excellence in every aspect of the appeals process. We thoroughly evaluate each case by reviewing the lower court’s record and researching all relevant legal issues. We prepare well written, persuasive appellate briefs that maximize our clients’ chance for success on appeal. Finally, we great take care to present well-reasoned oral arguments before the judges of the appellate courts. Our goal is to handle each appeal efficiently and effectively, with the clients’ best interest in mind.
- We welcome referrals from other attorneys and are willing to handle an appeal exclusively or jointly with the original trial attorney.
Trusted. Respected. Committed.
Our goal is 100% client satisfaction. We offer the personalized attention only a small, dedicated firm can provide. We limit our case load in order to provide each client with the quality legal representation they deserve. Our clients’ problems are our problems. Our clients’ successes are our successes.Contact Us!