Mediation is a process in which a trained, neutral mediator helps the parties to identify issues and communicate in order to resolve a dispute. The mediation process is collaborative rather than adversarial, with a focus on problem solving.
Mediation has many benefits, including the following:
- The parties control the process. The parties, not a judge, determine the issues to be discussed and the ultimate resolution of those issues.
- The cost of mediation is usually significantly less than litigation, and the parties typically share the expense.
- Mediation allows the parties to protect their privacy. While court proceedings are public, mediation is confidential and conducted in the privacy of our office.
- Mediation is convenient. We will try to accommodate your schedule so that the sessions are convenient for all parties.
- Mediation is efficient and can resolve disputes more quickly than litigation. The parties determine the schedule, not the courts. Sessions typically last two to three hours, and the parties determine how many sessions are needed. The mediator may suggest that the parties gather information, such as financial records, or consult with experts in between sessions, in order to make the process more productive.
- The parties are free to consult with their respective attorneys throughout the mediation process to ensure that they are comfortable with all the issues that are discussed and to review the terms of any agreements prior to signing.
Trusted. Respected. Committed.
Our goal is 100% client satisfaction. We offer the personalized attention only a small, dedicated firm can provide. We limit our case load in order to provide each client with the quality legal representation they deserve. Our clients’ problems are our problems. Our clients’ successes are our successes.Contact Us!